Collection and Use of Personal Information
What Personal Information We Collect
- When you become a HockeyTech client by purchasing our suite of services, download a software update, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on HockeyTech’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by sending us an email to email@example.com or by unsubscribing on a current announcement that was sent to you.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with HockeyTech, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve HockeyTech’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as language, zip code, area code, location, and the time zone where a HockeyTech service is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including online screen usage. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of upgrades provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up-to-date by logging into your HockeyTech account settings. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including, to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if HockeyTech is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide location-based services on HockeyTech services, HockeyTech and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by HockeyTech and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
HockeyTech websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Company Wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to HockeyTech employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.